1 someone who rejects all theories of morality or religious belief
EtymologyFrom etyl la nihil + -ist.
- a UK /ˈnaɪɪlɪst/|/ˈniːɪlɪst/
person who accepts nihilism
Nihilist can refer to
- a person who rejects truth, meaning, value, and the possibility of knowledge. See nihilism
- a Russian cultural and political movement, see Nihilist movement
- a Swedish death metal band, see Nihilist (band)
- Nihilist, the only album of Seattle-based band, Sarin
- Nihilist Records, a record label
- a death metal band from Regina, Canada.
- a death metal band from Skopje, Macedonia.
nihilist in German: NihilistNihilsit comes from the word nihil in Latin. The word Nihil means "nothing".
Bolshevik, Cassandra, Eeyore, Jacobin, Wobbly, anarch, anarchist, anarcho-syndicalist, animal, annihilator, anthropophagite, antinomian, arsonist, barbarian, beast, biblioclast, bomber, brute, burner, calamity howler, cannibal, cynic, defeatist, demolisher, destroyer, dynamitard, dynamiter, exterminator, extreme left-winger, extremist, hun, hyena, iconoclast, idol breaker, idoloclast, killjoy, left-wing extremist, lunatic fringe, malist, man-eater, mild radical, mutineer, negativist, parlor Bolshevik, parlor pink, pessimist, pink, pinko, prophet of doom, radical, rebel, red, retreatist, revolutionary, revolutionist, ruiner, sans-culotte, savage, seek-sorrow, shark, subversive, syndicalist, terrorist, tiger, ultra, ultraist, vandal, wild man, worrywart, wrecker, yippie